The typical life expectancy of asphalt roof shingles can range anywhere between twenty to fifty years. However, there are many factors that can reduce life expectancy such as improper roof ventilation. Six signs to look for to determine if it’s time to replace your roof are as follows.
- The roof shingle edges are beginning to curl.
- There are bald spots on the roof shingles where granules are missing.
- The roof shingles are cracking.
- The roof shingles look worn or discolored.
- There are several spots where shingles are missing.
- There are visible water stains on the plywood you can see from the attic space that indicates the roof is leaking.
Replacing your roof is a major investment but it is also one of the most important investments you can make to protect your home. If you have inspected your roof and have noticed any of the above signs, Integrity Building and Restoration is here to help. Contact us at www.integritybuildingandrestoration.com to schedule a free consultation and estimate. You can also call our office at (757) 630-6641 to speak with our roofing professionals.