Follow these steps if your home or business is damaged during a storm.
- The safety of your family or employees should be your number one priority. If your home or business has structural damage from high winds or flooding such as a collapsing roof, walls, or ceilings. It is important to vacate the structure as quickly as possible.
- Take plenty of pictures of the areas damaged by the storm, also take pictures of your contents that were damaged. Contents include things like furniture, clothing, electronics, and artwork. This will help you when it’s time to file an insurance claim. This step is extremely important to ensure you are fully compensated by the insurance company for the areas damaged and items lost due to the storm.
- Notify your insurance company to notify them that your property has been damaged due to a storm and that you will need to file a claim.
- Contact a local storm damage restoration company that is knowledgeable about working with insurance companies and the claim filing process. By choosing to work with a company that is experienced with insurance claim procedures this will ensure the claim process goes smoothly and you are fully compensated for the storm damages.
- If your property has been damaged to the point where it is not habitable, you will need to make temporary living or business arrangements while the repairs are being completed. Insurance companies will usually cover this cost. You will need to review your insurance policy with your agent for any restrictions.
- If your home or business is damaged due to a storm, contact Integrity Building and Restoration. www.integritybuildingandrestoration.com