Most contracting companies have a specialized field of work they focus on like roofing, framing and drywall to name a few. Some contractors will say they can do it all. What that means is you will probably get some professional results but the overall project will not likely give you the result you are looking for. If you experience water damage of any kind, it is always best to find a water damage restoration company that specializes in that field of work. Contracting companies that are not water damage specialist do not have the drying equipment, trained water damage technicians and know how to restore your home or business. Companies that specialize in water damage restoration have trained water damage technicians that are experts in their field of water extraction and restoration. They know the steps to dry your home or business using specialized equipment such as truck mount or portable vacuums, dehumidifiers, air movers, and air scrubbers.
How Do I Know if a Company Specializes in Water Damage Restoration?
Items to ask for when screening a contracting company to find out if they are the right fit for your water damage restoration needs.
- Contractor’s license in the state you live in.
- Business license in the city or municipality their business is registered in.
- Copy of their business and worker compensation insurance also known as a COI (Certificate of Insurance).
- Website information.
- IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) certified firm certification.
- Are they familiar with working with insurance companies?
- Professional contract or work authorization forms.
- Look at reviews online.
- References from previous clients.
These items will help ensure the company you choose is qualified to restore your home or business.
It is my sincere hope that you never experience water damage but if you do, hopefully the items in this article will help guide you to find the right company to restore your home or business.
By Aaron Knight, President, Integrity Building and Restoration Services, LLC